YOU HAVE TO AVAIL IMMEDIATE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ATTENTION IF FACED WITH A MEDICAL EMERGENCY OR A CRITICAL CARE SITUATION. YOU WILL NOT RELY UPON THE APPLICATION IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY OR CRITICAL CARE SITUATION. THE SERVICES ENABLED BY THE APPLICATION ARE ONLY MEANT TO SUPPLEMENT YOUR EXISTING HEALTHCARE SERVICES AND ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE TO THE SAME.
As a registered user of topdoc you can access your patient user account and applicable services, using the user account details provided by topdoc. The account of self-registering patients will be made active after confirmation by topdoc. By registering, you agree and undertake that:
- You are not impersonating any other person and are using your actual identity.
- Your registration is subject to verification and confirmation by topdoc and your patient user account will be activated only after confirmation/verification.
- The personal information provided during the registration process is true, accurate, current and complete. You are required to periodically review and update your registration data to ensure that it is always current and correct.
- Your username and password are unique to you, and you agree not to disclose or share your username and password to or with any third party. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and for notifying us immediately if your password has been hacked or stolen or compromised in any manner whatsoever.
- You will be solely responsible for any activities conducted on or through the patient portal and/or mobile application with your account regardless of whether or not you are the individual who undertakes such activities. This includes any unauthorized access and/or use of your account or your computer. You hereby release and hold harmless topdoc from any and all claims and causes of action arising out of or resulting from a third party’s unauthorized use of your account.
- topdoc reserves the right to deny or revoke access to any user account at its sole discretion.
- This application is only a tool to allow patients of topdoc to collaborate their own healthcare needs, use scheduling and communication services and to access their personal health record maintained by topdoc.
- All engagement between your healthcare provider and you through this application are governed by these Patient Terms.
- As a user of services through the patient portal and/or mobile application of topdoc you agree to receive essential service related notifications in the form of SMS, email or mobile notifications.
- You shall not use any service or information in this application for any purposes other than managing your personal health information or that of your immediate family members (with due authorization) and/or to engage with healthcare providers of topdoc.
- Being an online application, there might be unforeseeable network and infrastructure issues in which case the application will not be available until the issue is rectified. Under such circumstances please directly contact topdoc on +923111269111 or through email on email@example.com for any services you may need. topdoc is not liable for any periods of non-availability of this application.
- Usage of this application does not make the technology vendor supporting this application, liable for any of the healthcare and/or other services you use through the application, nor does it result in any implied obligation between you and the vendor.
- topdoc will make all possible efforts to provide you the best healthcare services. However, topdoc shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever to the registered user (or his/her successors/legal heirs) for any injury or damage or loss suffered on account of availing the app or otherwise.
- The application stores data, including PHI data, communications, usage data including but not limited to location, device type, operating system, browser, date-time and context usage, in HIPAA and GDPR compliant cloud infrastructure on Amazon Web services. All data storage and transmissions are encrypted.
- All your personal health and usage data is owned by topdoc.
- The accuracy, integrity and completeness of the personal health information you enter or allow to enter on your behalf is your responsibility, and topdoc assumes no liability for it.
- Data in your personal health records will be accessible to and modifiable by authorised healthcare providers or admins of topdoc, for the purpose of providing you with better healthcare services.
- Non-personalised system analysis of non-identifiable patient data may be done to enable better healthcare outcomes for the patients of topdoc. However the identity of individual users will remain completely anonymous in such analysis.
Remote Monitoring Services
Our Remote Monitoring packages are only for communicating specific health parameters to the healthcare providers in topdoc’s patient portal and mobile applications and will not be a substitute to actual clinical visits. You are required to visit the healthcare provider as and when specified by your doctor and whenever you need healthcare.
- If the monitoring feedback provided by the healthcare provider is substantially different from your current treatment and prescribed medication, it is your duty to confirm the same before implementing the advice.
- The health information, vital sign readings, dates, timings and notes logged in by you or on your behalf should be accurate.
- As a patient of topdoc, you are required to inform your healthcare provider of all current and previous illnesses, health conditions, surgeries, consultations and medications with any other healthcare providers. While our healthcare team may help to update your PHR based on mutual agreement, it is your responsibility to update all aspects of the PHR completely and correctly.
- For efficient monitoring and proper healthcare services, the patient is required to enter all vital health data through the system as per the schedule and level of detail advised by the doctor.
- For self-monitored readings, it is the patient’s responsibility to use devices of proper quality and to ensure that they are re-calibrated when required.
- The healthcare team of the healthcare provider will consist of qualified healthcare professionals. The monitoring and feedback will be handled by any qualified member of the healthcare monitoring team.
- The healthcare provider will monitor your vitals at the intervals specified in your package.
- Not following the instructions of the healthcare team will be considered as non-compliance of the agreement and the agreement will be terminated.
- The healthcare team will provide instructions based on the vitals entered by you. You are advised to enter the vitals accurately and topdoc assumes no liability for any injury or damage or loss caused by inaccurate readings.
- topdoc will not assume any legal responsibility for the patient’s medical condition and this online consultation only intends to aid in understanding the condition better based on the information given and is not meant to replace an in-person consultation
- The online system is expected to enhance, not replace clinic visits. It is your responsibility to schedule follow-up appointments as indicated by your doctor.
- The patient is free to discontinue using a Remote Monitoring plan at any time, with the knowledge of your consulting healthcare provider.
- The healthcare provider does NOT attend to Emergencies through this application. Under these circumstances, the patient has to contact the nearest hospital immediately.
- topdoc may provide one or more Remote Monitoring plans. When signing up for or after being assigned to any such Remote Monitoring package, it is the duty of the patient to understand the instructions and terms of that package and to fulfil them.
- Video Consultation Appointment Timing: While the patient may specify the preferred appointment timing for a Video Consultation, topdoc reserves the right to schedule the appointment for an alternative timing. If this timing is not convenient, the user can request that it be rescheduled. Due to unpredictable medical emergencies, it may be that the healthcare provider is sometimes unable to attend to the video consultation exactly at the appointed time. In such cases the session might be rescheduled to a later time in consultation with the patient.
- Video Consultation Duration: By default the average duration of a Video Consultation will be the duration decided by the healthcare provider. topdoc reserves the right to decide when the consultation ends. This could be earlier than the maximum possible duration. If the healthcare provider has to conclude the video consultation mid-way due to a medical emergency, then a new session at an alternative timing will be scheduled.
- Video Session Quality: The quality of the video session depends on the quality of the Internet connection, web cam and audio facilities of both the patient and healthcare provider. It is the responsibility of the patient to ensure that the performance and quality of the equipment and connection used, are optimal for doing video calls online. Video Consultations that fail on account of poor equipment and connectivity will not be rescheduled for free. Nor will there be any refund of payment.
- Video Session Privacy, Security & Etiquette: It is required that the patient prepares ahead of time to participate in the Video Consultation, in a quiet and private place, where only the patient is present in the room where the video session is being held. For elderly or disabled patients who require help to participate in the video, a caregiver may be present. There must be no audio/video recording of the video session by the patient. It is necessary that the patient (and any caregiver) act with proper decorum in speech and action during the video consultation. Failure to comply with these requirements can result in termination of the video session with no refund or rescheduling of the consultation.
- Nature of Consultation: Video Consultations must not be scheduled for patients with critical medical conditions and/or for emergencies. Such consultations are suitable only for basic follow-ups between the patient and healthcare provider and/or preliminary consultation before meeting the healthcare provider in person.
Text or Question Based Consultations
- Every attempt will be made to provide responses to your questions within the stipulated response time. However do not under any circumstances, delay seeking direct medical attention from your healthcare provider or nearest hospital.
- Asking medical questions to a healthcare provider, whom you have not been consulting directly, does not necessarily result in establishing a doctor-patient relationship. Any response from the healthcare provider only constitutes helpful information which must be verified with your own doctor.
- Do not change any medication, treatment regimen or other healthcare measures without confirmation from your own healthcare provider. Any advice or information in responses to your questions/text consultations to healthcare providers of topdoc, do not qualify as a medical prescription, diagnosis or treatment plan.
- In the case of any emergency, always contact your own healthcare provider and go to the nearest hospital or healthcare provider.
- topdoc is not liable for any healthcare issues related to the questions raised. Information provided at the time of asking a question must be accurate and complete. This is only to ensure that the response provided is helpful to the patient and does not involve a liability on part of topdoc.
- Response time for a question is indicative of only the initial response to the question and does not include the time for responding to follow-up notes. Each follow-up should be expected to require the same response time as the initial question.
- Payments for this service are covered by the payment terms for services through the patient portal and mobile application.
- All consultation fees for services through the mobile and web application interfaces of topdoc have to be paid as per the terms of the service that you use. Offline payment collection for any of these services is currently not supported.
- In course of time, topdoc may introduce other services in the system, the charges for which will be communicated to you as and when such services are introduced.
- The healthcare provider reserves the right to revise the consultation and service charges at any time, at the sole discretion of the healthcare provider. The charge applicable at any given time, will be the charge displayed at the time of using the service.
- Payments made for any remote monitoring plans or text consultations will not be refunded should you decide to discontinue.
- Please read payments policy for more information.
Data in this application of topdoc can be created by your healthcare providers at topdoc, by an admin at topdoc and/or by yourself (the patient) after logging into the application with your authorized user account. Information that is collected as you use our web patient portal and mobile application includes the following:
- Personal information: Personal information includes name and email address that you provide at signup. It also includes phone number, address and other personally identifiable information that you may choose to add to your user account profile. No payment method information is stored by this application.
- Personal Health Information: Personal health information about patients users, that patient users themselves or authorized employees of topdoc enter into the Personal Health Record of a patient, including age, gender, known health conditions, medications, allergies, vaccinations, history of surgeries or procedures, goals, health journal entries and data that you enter into your health trackers either manually or by syncing with a health monitoring device or from a third party source that you alone authorize. It also includes medical reports and files that you choose to upload into your health profile.
Use of Information
The personal and health information added through this application, through use of its services by patients and healthcare providers of topdoc will not be shared, disclosed or displayed to anyone other than authorized employees of topdoc or the healthcare providers of topdoc. They will be able to update personal health information of their own patients by uploading/updating the patient health profile, uploading medical reports, adding review notes, adding post consultation notes, assigning and monitoring health goals, monitoring feedback, and any other patient health information relevant as part of the consultation services used by the patients.
topdoc is fully authorized to terminate patient user accounts at any time and such patients will no longer have further access to their personal health information stored in the application storage in event of that happening. Whether or not to share that information with the patient user before termination of the patient user account is the prerogative of topdoc.
Contact Information: The services platform will send you communications (SMS, email and other notifications), as per your notification settings, as part of essential functioning of services that you may avail, such as appointment booking information, alerts related to reviews and consultations by your healthcare providers. At time of registration you will be required to verify your email address. Your contact information may also be used for customer support services, should you choose to avail of them. In addition, we may use your contact information to provide you with information about our services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please change applicable notification settings in your account. Your contact information is not shared with any third-party.
Anonymized data: topdoc may analyze anonymized and aggregated data collected through the services, for purposes of evaluating healthcare outcomes, healthcare requirement patterns and to measure the effectiveness of services and content. Such anonymized and aggregated information is not considered as personal information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information. You are responsible for all activities that occur in your account and you agree to notify topdoc immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. topdoc is in no way responsible for any loss that you may incur as a result of any unauthorized use of your user account and password.
Disclosure of Information
Transmission and Storage Security
All data is stored only in the servers of our technology vendor on the highly secure Amazon Web Service platform (which is compliant with HIPAA regulations). Necessary measures in providing secure transmission of personal health information before it is transferred across the Internet from your personal computer or devices are ensured. However, you should be aware of possible risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet as no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and of risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of personal information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Restriction on the basis of age
All users of the patient portal and mobile app of topdoc are expected to be above 18 years of age. Parents, caregivers/guardians and healthcare providers are allowed to provide and store personal information about others, including minors and children. Any user providing, storing or submitting information on behalf of a child/person under guardianship assumes full responsibility over the submission, use, and transmission of such information.
Changes to this Policy
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- The services provided by topdoc shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Pakistan.
- The Parties shall endeavor to reach an amicable settlement on any disputes that may arise in relation to the same through mutual consultation and in good faith as promptly as possible.
- If the Parties are unable to resolve a dispute through amicable settlement within a period of thirty (30) days following written notice by one of the Parties to the other(s) of the existence of any such a dispute, the matter under dispute shall be settled finally in accordance with the Arbitration Act, 1940 and by a sole arbitrator to be agreed between the Parties.
- The venue and seat of arbitration shall be Karachi and the language of arbitration shall be English.
- The Parties agree to facilitate the arbitration by:
- Making available to each other and to the arbitrator all documents, records and personnel under their control as the arbitrator may determine to be relevant to the dispute;
- conducting arbitration hearings on successive days; and
- observing strictly the time periods established by the arbitrator for the submission of evidence and briefs.
- All decisions or awards of the arbitrator shall be based on the provisions of this Contract. The arbitrator shall render a detailed written decision, which includes his findings of fact and applicable rules of law.
- The decision or award of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the Parties and may be executed against them in a court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator shall have the power to render declaratory judgments and to issue injunctive orders, as well as to award monetary damages. The cost of arbitration shall be included in any award made.