These terms and conditions apply to the user (patient) who avails any of the services offered by ‘topdoc’ virtual clinic platform (patient mobile application & patient portal/website) by making a payment to topdoc.pk (topdoc) through an online payment service. Kindly read these terms and conditions carefully. By authorizing a payment to ‘topdoc’ through the online payment service (“the service”), it would be treated as a deemed acceptance to these terms and conditions. ‘topdoc’ reserves all the rights to amend these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice. It is the responsibility of the user (patient) to have read the terms and conditions before using the Service.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TOPDOC IS A PROVIDER OF A VIRTUAL CLINIC PLATFORM FOR INDEPENDENT THIRD PARTY CONTRACTORS. NEITHER TOPDOC NOR ITS AFFILIATES PROVIDE MEDICAL OR HEALTHCARE SERVICES OR FUNCTION AS A MEDICAL OR HEALTHCARE SERVICE PROVIDER OR OWN ANY PHYSICAL PRACTICE FOR MEDICAL OR HEALTHCARE SERVICES AND THAT ALL SUCH SERVICES ARE PROVIDED VIRTUALY BY INDEPENDENT THIRD PARTY CONTRACTORS THROUGH ITS WEB/APP AND WHO ARE NOT EMPLOYED BY TOPDOC OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES.
The following is a summary of the key terms of this service:
- Payment(s) through this Service can be made with a Credit card, Debit card, JazzCash Mobile wallets, and/or JazzCash voucher.
- Before using this Service, it is recommended that the customer shall make necessary enquiry about the charges or fees payable against the Credit/Debit card used from Credit Card or the Debit Card service provider i.e. the respective Bank.
- The credit card information supplied at the time of using the service is processed by the payment gateway of the service provider and is not supplied to topdoc. It is the sole responsibility of the Customer of the service to ensure that the information entered in the relevant fields are correct. It is recommended that you take and retain a copy of the transaction for record-keeping purposes, which might assist in resolution of any disputes that may arise out or usage of the service
- The Customer agrees, understands and confirms that his/ her personal data including without limitation details relating to debit card/ credit card/net banking transmitted over the Internet may be susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and/ or fraud and that topdoc or the Payment Service Provider(s) have no control over such matters.
- The service is provided using a payment gateway service provider through a secure website. However, neither the payment gateway service provider nor the topdoc gives any assurance, that the information so provided online by a customer is secured or may be read or intercepted by a third party. topdoc does not accept or assume any liability in the event of such unauthorized interception, hacking or other unauthorized access to information provided by a customer of the service.
- topdoc and/or the Payment Service Providers shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of (a) any data, information or message, or (b) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or (c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-performance or interruption in any such data, information or message. Under no circumstances shall the topdoc and/or the Payment Service Providers, its employees, directors, and its third party agents involved in processing, delivering or managing the Services, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of the Services or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of the Service.
- The Customer agrees that topdoc or any of its employees will not be held liable By the Customer for any loss or damages arising from your use of, or reliance upon the information contained on the Website, or any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions where such failure is due to circumstances beyond topdoc’s reasonable control.
Debit/Credit Card, Bank Account Details:
- The Customer agrees that the debit/credit card details provided by him/ her for use of the aforesaid Service(s) must be correct and accurate and that the Customer shall not use a Debit/ credit card, that is not lawfully owned by him/ her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner thereof. The Customer further agrees and undertakes to Provide correct and valid debit/credit card details.
- The Customer warrants agrees and confirms that when he/ she initiates a payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/ her card/bank details.
- The Customer is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit/debit card, bank account for such transactions.
- The Customer is responsible to ensure that the card/ bank account details provided by him/ her are accurate.
- The Customer authorizes debit of the nominated card/ bank account for the Payment of fees selected by such Customers along with the applicable Fees.
- The Customer is responsible to ensure that sufficient credit is available on the nominated card/ bank account at the time of making the payment to permit the Payment of the dues payable or fees dues selected by the Customer inclusive of the applicable Fee
Cancellations of Consultations/Appointments:
- For any video/walk-in appointment, the customer can cancel his/her scheduled appointment without any charges till 6 hours before the appointment. In such cases, we will refund the amount paid for appointment subject to bank charges and other deductions by third parties.
- Appointment cancellation has to be carried out by the customer through the topdoc app. We do not entertain cancelation requests through phone or email.
- Occasionally, appointments may be canceled or postponed by the Medical Provider/Practitioner. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact and inform the customer and he/she may reschedule the appointment as per their convenience or visit topdoc web/app for re-booking.
Rescheduling of paid Appointments & Refunds
- A Customer may reschedule his/her appointment i.e. book appointment for a different date and time; with the same Medical Provider/Practitioner for the same type of healthcare service, till 6 hour before the appointment.
- All re-schedule requests will be subject to bank processing fee and these charges will be applied as is to the customer.
- In case of re-scheduling, if there is any difference in the charges for re-scheduled appointment, we will collect the differential amount from the customer.
- Upon receipt of a valid cancellation request, as mentioned above, we will initiate refund of customer’s advance payment. All refunds will be posted as in-app credits to be used for future consultations.
- Additionally, on case to case basis, the advance amount may be refunded through online banking or by reversing the processed transaction.
- Typically, all refunds queries will be processed within 21 (twenty one) working days from the date on which the refund is initiated at our end.
- Please note that we shall not be responsible for any delays in credit to the Cardholder’s credit card account/ accountholder’s bank account due to any reasons cited by the Payment Gateway or Cardholder’s issuing bank.
- You will be provided with details for further communication with your bank.
- No refunds/cancellation requests shall be entertained in case of payment against bills / Services received.
- Under no circumstances, cash will be refunded against any cancellation.
- Video Consultations that fail on account of poor equipment and connectivity will not be rescheduled for free. Nor will there be any refund of payment.
- Payments made for any remote monitoring plans or text consultations will not be refunded should you decide to discontinue.
No warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, is given by the topdoc in respect of the operation of the service.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Pakistan and the courts in Karachi shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Any dispute arising in relation to the terms and conditions will be submitted to a sole arbitrator appointed by topdoc under the provisions of the Arbitration Act, 1940 and any applicable rules thereunder. The venue of Arbitration shall be at Karachi.
All payment details which are entered through this payment gateway are encrypted when the customer enters them. topdoc shall not be liable for any failure by the Customer making the payment to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such other persons, during or after the online payment process.
Variations to the Terms and Conditions:
topdoc reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time and the current version will be published on this website. topdoc also reserves the right to decline the acceptance of the online payment without assigning any reason.
Service delivery policy:
The ‘topdoc’ virtual clinic platform (patient mobile application & patient portal/website) provides Users/Patients who seek personal healthcare services and/or other services (“Services”) from Medical Providers/Medical Practitioners/ Healthcare Providers, who provide these Services. Any decision by a User to make use of or accept Services is a decision made in such User’s sole discretion. Each Service provided by a Medical Providers/Medical Practitioners/ Healthcare Providers shall constitute a separate agreement between such persons. For all virtual service (i.e. online video consultation, text consultations, etc.) provided by a Doctor or other third party provider, topdoc and the third party service provider will try to provide top service to Users. The virtual visit is not the physical visit and topdoc and the third party service provider cannot be held liable for any direct or indirect loss to the Users.